Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Web Hit Du Jour: Nicholas Cage Losing His Shit

It's all over the web but I simply have to preserve it in my little cyber-diary here. Behold the sidesplitting glory of Nicholas Cage losing his shit. I nearly lost MY shit after watching this and nearly dying from convulsions of laughter. "KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN HONEYYY" It's officially a classic in my family now, having spent the latter part of Thanksgiving reciting this line with my siblings and cousins, though "Imma vampire! Imma vampire!" is a close second.



I want the youtube maker, hh1edits, to make a series out of this. There can be Tom Cruise Freaking Out, Leonardo Dicaprio Crying (to showcase the interchangeability of his emotions), Rebecca Hall Crying, (because she is moving as hell. I have never stayed dry whenever that woman started crying), Natalie Portman Crying (see Dicaprio) Julia Roberts Cackling, and so on and so forth.

3 comments:

  1. this was my video highlight of the week as well! "I'm a vampire" was the best part of the video

    I'm all for more celebrity spazz attacks. I second all of your choices. I think John Cusack's manic nature would make a good video too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your HP film review. I have to admit it is not as my favorite film of the series, but that's because that is not my favorite book of the series or at least the half that was in DH1. The ceaseless wandering through the woods and everyone yelling at each other gets tiring after awhile. However that's more of Rowling's fault than Yates. I agree with you, he and his cinematographer should be commended for the innovation of this HP film. The landscapes were breathtaking, the usage of negative space only contributed to the feeling of isolation. The bleak color scheme also gave it a gritty harsh feel. And the Three Brothers animation sequence was stylistically enthralling and one of the creepiest cartoons I've ever seen! The visuals told the story in their own right and made the movie seem a lot more sinister than I remember the book being. I think its almost impossible to picture a snake coming out of an old woman's body in your imagination, but the movie really made it frightening. And you're right the pacing was effective, dreary doomed walks through the woods with stabs of suspense, action, danger like the experience probably felt psychologically for the trio. So yes, I totally agree this film was stylish and well paced, but not my favorite yet because I find that part of the book so frustrating. I love Part II though, so with the style of 1, I think 2 will really blow my mind.

    ReplyDelete