Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Adorable Eddie Redmayne



Ok, FUCK! I was writing an article on Eddie Redmayne, my latest actorly interest and pretended squeeze, but it all went down the drain after Safari cancelled (fuck Safari as well, it's the weakest-ass internet venue I've ever seen. One of the downsides of Macs). Isn't this thing supposed to auto-save every half minute? How the fuck did my post, which I was on the verge of finishing after twenty-five minutes cancel out?


Anyways, a boring summary: Very good actor. Even more adorable person. Caught my eye after playing the silent, inordinately talented Jack Jackson in "The Pillars of the Earth" convincingly and with shy vitality, so I checked him out in "Savage Grace" which I thought was a tremendous turn despite the ho-hum reaction from the critics. It wasn't mindblowing or anything, but particularly good considering the difficulty of the character. He rarely overplays or screws up, but he's not brilliant either, so we'll have to wait and see.











*Being endearingly shy in "The Pillars of the Earth"


Outside of movies and tv, he's come across as intelligent, marvelously enthusiastic, educated, exuberant, and humble. Loves Glengarry Glen Ross, animated cartoon characters, and Manhattan penthouses.

"Have you seen Devil's Advocate? Amazing movie!"


As I was saying before my post tragically disappeared into the black hole of cyberspace, I particularly liked how he said this line from Savage Grace:
"Mummy, I think that he's writing us a letter. I think he's writing us a letter, but in another alphabet, in Baekland writing. No one else can read it. Except, the thing about Brooks - " Julianne makes an angry, semi-audible sound. "Mummy, don't be angry. I love you." Julianne does not reply. "Mummy, I love you."

2 comments:

  1. Good day! I just would like to offer you a huge
    thumbs up for the excellent info you have here on this post.
    I'll be returning to your blog for more soon.

    Feel free to visit my site ... cheap gw2 gold

    ReplyDelete