Sunday, February 14, 2010

Campused #1

Irregular sleeping habits again. Penne a la Vodka, extra-salty sweet potato fries, and my little creme brulee debacle. I wanted to make creme brulee, but god knows I don't have one of those flame-torch thingamabobs to make the melted sugar top, so I decided to combine a creme brulee recipe with a baked flan's ( flans have easy sugar crusts on the bottom that do not require flame torchblowers). 

Alas, I poured the cream mixture into the still-liquid burnt sugar. Stupid. I hastily baked the whole thing anyway, but when it came out the sugar and the cream were still unhappily melded together in a dreadful watery hybrid. So I mixed the two together, rationalizing that two tasty things could make one tasty thing. I was right! The creme brulee mixture, infused with the rich caramelized sugar, birthed this ginormously palatable pudding-like concoction. I went to the dining hall later to get two bananas, and sliced them into the pudding. So I made crustless banana pie, in essence. I was proud of my cooking noggin for once, and my general inattention to things. So. good. My first invented recipe, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment