Sunday, March 14, 2010

Remember Me Bombs = Yay

All right, maybe I'm being unfairly vicious but ever since reading in reviews that Pattinson was completely inoffensive and uninteresting in Remember Me, just like he's been in every one of his movies that I've seen, I'm dropping the nice subterfuge. No more of that "well it's not his fault that girls are crazy, maybe he's a real decent fella and even a better actor!" crap.


Ok, Remember Me got about 8 million at the box office. I'm not even pretending I'm not gleeful about those numbers. I sincerely hope the next Taylor Lautner vehicle goes the same route. So I LOVE how people are going "oh, it only opened in 2,000 theaters!" as if Remember Me was an authentic underdog indie film with nothing going for it but grit and determination. Christ, some of the best movies I saw last year opened in 15 theaters in North America and never expanded to less than a few hundred.


Let's be realistic. Say it did open in 3,000 theaters - that'd translate to what, 12 million? Oh "If only, if only"....

No comments:

Post a Comment