Saturday, January 2, 2010

FBMIF #2: Mother, Now I Know Where You Live

An appropriate two-parter to The Last of the Mohicans. After watching both movies back-to-back, I want to take a cross-country trip. For me, these movies have highlighted the return - slowly, but surely - of a nationalistic love and pride for my country in me. During the Bush administration I nearly downright despised the US, and would silently agree with all the Europeans who claimed that Americans were boorish, flashy, etc. etc. Even American cinema took a downturn, as the Oscars in recent years became increasingly populated with superior foreign movies. As previously mentioned, the resuscitation of creativity in American filmmaking in 2009 restored my faith. And I won't turn away again.


The New World (2006)




No comments:

Post a Comment