Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Very Tarantino Dream

I had a dream last night about Quentin Tarantino (!). We were sitting together and collaborating for his next movie. Ideas were spinning out of his head faster than I could process them, though at point I told him it reeked in comparison to Pulp Fiction. "And you want to make the protagonist have a dead wife?" I said scornfully. "That's so Christopher Nolan."

"Nolan is a silly director," he muttered, still writing feverishly. "In my hands it'll will be instant auteur material." I nodded, very impressed. Then I opened my mouth again to ask him what he thought of Bright Star - I always strongly associate Tarantino with Bright Star, since one of the biggest surprises of 2009 was hearing that Tarantino was a strong fan, and even wrote Jane Campion a letter detailing his appreciation for the movie. Sadly, my dream zoomed into another dimension before I could ask the question.

+ =

No comments:

Post a Comment